It's spring break (#hallelujah)!
Because we want you to make the most of this well-deserved hiatus, Grady ISD has gathered some information to help keep our staff, students and their families safe during and after spring break.
General precautions while traveling
While traveling by airplane, train or bus, the CDC recommends continuing good hygiene practices.
- Routine handwashing (at least 20 seconds) with soap and water after coughing, sneezing or blowing your nose, after using the restroom, and before you consume any food and beverages.
- If washing your hands is not practical, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer (containing at least 60% alcohol).
- Wipe down surfaces such as hand rests, metal seatbelt buckles and tray tables with sanitizing wipes when available and allow to air dry according to packaging specifications.
Here are a few additional tips:
- Be aware of your surroundings (including people who are sick) and try to distance yourself as appropriate;
- Know how to get reliable local information about any possible changes to the current situation, some helpful links are listed below:
- CDC Travel Precautions, Frequently Asked Questions, Prevention
- Avoid public transportation, if possible. Confined spaces such as buses, trains, subways, and airplanes may put you at a higher risk of contact with others who are ill;
For specific travel information, updates and recommendations, visit the CDC travel information page.
Be sure to fit in enough sleep and relaxation so that you return to school healthy and ready to learn!
District Cleaning and disinfecting Precautions
In an abundance of caution, Grady ISD maintenance staff have been asked to enhance cleaning and sanitation efforts throughout the building and bus interiors. We take the health and safety of our students and staff members seriously and appreciate your help in supporting healthy learning environments.